Saturday, October 04, 2008

Bespectacled Paige




Paige told me she likes to sit near the front of the classroom because she can see better. We didn't know if that meant that she needed glasses or if she was just the smallest kid in her class and couldn't see over the heads of the other kids. Well, turns out that both are true. When she was reading to me she told me that the words were too small and she had trouble focusing on one line at a time, but when she did lock in she read super fast. So I took her to the optometrist and it turns out that she has a pretty strong prescription and will need to wear glasses 24/7. She is far-sighted and one eye is worse than the other which left her with poor depth perception. :( I felt so bad for not recognizing this earlier...but she has always done very well in school! So we expect her to be a super genius now that she can see properly! She adjusted very quickly to them and has noticed much improvement. We think they fit her personality too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paige.Just wanted to tell you that I think you look very pretty with your new glasses on.Say hi to Mummy,Daddy,Emily and Jack.Love Bronwyn.

Cici said...

I think she looks great in glasses!

Unknown said...

I LOVE these glasses on you Paige - they fit your face very nicely. You know we gals with glasses have to stick together :) Hope to see you and your family soon.

lani (jareds mom)